| Jeff P.|
| Tall pine trees and nice swimming area|
|Reviewed on June 19th, 2020|
|Overall a decent park. It is really wooded with some beautiful, tall, pines. The swimming area is nice. Unfortunately we didn't make it to any of the hiking trails so I cannot comment on those.
1. Beautiful tall pine trees.
2. Really nice lakes and swimming area.
3. Nice fishing pier in Side Lake Campground.
4. There is a gas station about 1 block away from the park entrance. Great for picking up gas, ice, and a coffee.
1. The park is really spread out. The two campgrounds are miles apart.
2. There is a major road that goes between the swimming/picnic area and Side Lake Campground.
3. As others mentioned, the hiking trails are nowhere near the campgrounds.
4. The main road that goes through the Side Lake Campground is supposed to be a two-way road. However, it's barely large enough to be a one-way! Several times we would pass people walking and other cars and had to nearly pull over off the road until they passed. It would certainly be nice if they could widen this.
5. There are only two mens and two womens showers for the entire park. We didn't have to wait too terribly long in line, but some more would have been nice.|
|This review has been viewed 2 times.|