| M P.|
| Mostly shaded, Close to road, Not very private|
|Reviewed on June 19th, 2020|
|- Non-reservable site (first-come, first-served).
- Picnic table and fire pit, like all MN State Park campsites.
- Close to amenities - bath house (running water, flushies, showers), also vault toilet, trash, and recycling.
- Site and campground road and facilities are well-maintained. Staff is friendly.
- It's in the State Park, so you're right there for hiking, Lake viewing, and daytime activities.
- Not very private. We did not look as closely as we should have when checking out the available sites, and thought there was a nook corner behind the trees for a tent, but the tent pad is straight in from the driveway (see photos - tent pad is directly behind the concrete parking barrier).
- Very close to Hwy 61, you will hear traffic all night.
- Light from bath house is visible through the night (although it is yellow, which helps).
- Hiking trail runs very close to this site (between the site and the highway, just feet from the tent pad). We did not have many people wandering by, as it was a Sunday evening, but if you're hanging out at the site at all I imagine there could be a fair amount of foot traffic.
|This review has been viewed 14 times.|