| | September 25th, 2015 Secluded, Quiet, Direct River Access- Site 3 has a footpath to a stairway going right down to the Temperance River.
- Overall campground is very small (9 sites), so - even if it were full - not too many neighbors.
- Sites are close together (like most designated campgrounds), but well-divided for privacy.
- The National Forest website says there is a solar faucet, but we did not find it (we did not look very hard; we were only there one night).
- It is a fair distance inland from Lake Superior, so much less-travelled. A lovely drive.
- 9 miles to mobile service (this is a GOOD thing)!
- Vault toilets, trash, and recycling available.
- 11 miles to Hwy 61 and Tofte, 11 miles to the end of Sawbill Trail and Sawbill Outfitters (entry point to BWCA). Superior National Forest - Site 3
September 25th, 2015 Mostly shaded, Close to road, Not very private- Non-reservable site (first-come, first-served).
- Picnic table and fire pit, like all MN State Park campsites.
- Close to amenities - bath house (running water, flushies, showers), also vault toilet, trash, and recycling.
- Site and campground road and facilities are well-maintained. Staff is friendly.
- It`s in the State Park, so you`re right there for hiking, Lake viewing, and daytime activities.
- Not very private. We did not look as closely as we should have when checking out the available sites, and thought there was a nook corner behind the trees for a tent, but the tent pad is straight in from the driveway (see photos - tent pad is directly behind the concrete parking barrier).
- Very close to Hwy 61, you will hear traffic all night.
- Light from bath house is visible through the night (although it is yellow, which helps).
- Hiking trail runs very close to this site (between the site and the highway, just feet from the tent pad). We did not have many people wandering by, as it was a Sunday evening, but if you`re hanging out at the site at all I imagine there could be a fair amount of foot traffic.
Temperance River State Park - Site 03
| ||No favorite photos found.|| |